Key Holder/Sales Associate
The Nookie's a sensuality shop with a mission to foster human connection.
We were founded in 2017 by a social psychologist and former healthcare executive who believes that sexual pleasure is an essential - and often misunderstood - aspect of wellness. We’re seeking a Key Holder/Sales Associates to oversee daily operations in our innovative, socially progressive, rapidly growing environment. This position offers opportunities for development, competitive compensation, performance-based raises, generous merchandise discounts, and free product samples. We're willing to consider both part time and full time applicants.
Join us as we work to change the stigma around sexuality. By serving our community in an educational and elegant environment, you’ll do more than just sell products – you’ll help people change their lives. You can learn more about us in CBC Life, Women’s Health, Now Magazine, Toronto Life, She Does the City, and Today’s Parent.
Sales Associate Essential Functions:
- Meeting and making a connection with customers, asking questions and listening to shoppers' needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs.
- Visual merchandising and sales floor restocking.
- Presenting a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting The Nookie’s commitment to our customer.
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards.
- Supervising workshops and events.
- Adhering to loss prevention and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Intaking merchandise and adding products to our online store.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Education/Experience: Previous retail sales experience required, ideally in the lingerie and/or pleasure product industry.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate with customers, peers, and management in person and via telephone & email.
- Physical Demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- Other Skills: Enthusiastic, friendly, and energetic with a genuine desire to help people.
- Work Hours: Available to work a variety of hours, which may include evenings and weekends. A minimum of two days is required.
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please include your personal definitions of feminism and sex positivity. We thank all individuals for their interest, however, only applicants invited for interviews will be contacted.